AcquiringDeployingCreatingOperatingGrowingDeveloping innovative financial services, technologies & solutions
Capital Appreciation's interim results presentation took place via live webcast on Monday, 4 December 2023 at 15:00 (SA time).
A recorded webcast of the presentation is accessible via the button below.
- African Resonance and Dashpay are leading direct and indirect providers of payment infrastructure, technical support, maintenance, bespoke software, payment services and payment technology solutions. Dashpay offers a multi-product, multiparty universal transacting platform, and value-added services solutions.
- LayUp Technologies, a recent start-up in which Capital Appreciation is a 27.4% shareholder, is Africa's first digital lay-by and recurring payments business with solutions for e-commerce and in-store purchases.
- Halo Dot is a software solution that allows any NFC enabled Android-based device to be a payment acceptance device. It is offered as an SDK for integration into others' apps or as an app on a white label basis.
- The International division is a recently formed business unit located in the Netherlands, aimed at broadening the Group's geographic reach, expanding the Group's client base and increasing its exposure to new and emerging technologies and global best practice. In addition to the Group's wholly-owned subsidiaries, Synthesis Europe B.V. and Synthesis Labs BV, Capital Appreciation subscribed for 20% of the shares in Regal Digital B.V. on 13 May 2022. Regal Digital B.V. comprises Firelava, a Web 3.0 consulting business and Flamelink, a SaaS solution for Google's Firebase.
SoftwareEnterprise Development Funding
- Synthesis is a software development company that uses innovative technology solutions to provide businesses with a competitive edge today. Synthesis is uniquely positioned in Africa as an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Advanced Consulting Partner with a broad range of specialist competencies.
- Responsive Group, acquired by Capital Appreciation on 1 March 2022, designs and develops web and mobile digital applications with clients in South Africa, the USA, Europe and the United Kingdom.
- Dariel, acquired by Capital Appreciation on 3 July 2023, provides a variety of software engineering/development and related activities, with a strong focus on software to financial institutions, and others in the financial services, healthcare, telecommunications and hospitality sectors.
- Capital Appreciation entered into an agreement in December 2023 that will culminate in the Group owning 33% of AssetPool, a cloud-first, SaaS B2B platform focused on asset management, tracking, maintenance, compliance and verification.
- Capital Appreciation owns 35% of GovChat, a blackcontrolled technology start-up. GovChat owns and operates a technology platform that facilitates bilateral engagement between citizens and their government. GovChat is noted as one of AWS premier Public Sector initiatives globally.
Our Clients & Partners